Thursday, April 14, 2011

Annotated Bibliography Assignment

PLEASE SIT WITH YOUR PRESENTATION GROUPS


For your annotated bibliography, I'd like you to identify and trace 2 different "CONVERSATIONS" that you see happening about the book THE GOD OF SMALL THINGS and/or the author Arundhati Roy.

This means you will want to find 4 sources for each "conversation" (or, possibly 3 & 5).

Example: I choose the conversation surrounding the book as a Post-Colonial Novel. I then find 3-4 scholarly sources that address the book in this context. Finally, in my annotations, I write a paragraph that does the following 3 things: 1) identifies the author(s) and her/his purpose(s), 2) summarize the article, and 3) *most importantly* I write about how the article fits in the conversation I have identified, and how it relates to the other articles I am annotating.

DUE DATES: Four annotated sources for Tues. 4/19. Eight annotated sources (for a grade) Thurs 4/21.

Other HW: reading thru p. 225 for Tues, thru p. 253 for Thurs.

9:45 Class
Brian, Molly, and Kim will present on Ch. 8-9 on Tues.
Cassie, Jill, and Derek will present on Ch. 10 - 12 on Tues.

Ashley Josh and Bri will present on Ch. 13 on Thurs.

2:15 Class
Cam W, ch 8-9 Tues
Steve, Meagan Ch. 10 - 12 Tues

Brian, Jenn, Kevin Ch. 13 Thurs

No comments:

Post a Comment